The Internet is still the Wild West of free speech. Anyone can become the target of hate. OHPI’s aim is to get technology companies and governments to recognize and take action against hate speech. While we work on that, here are some tips on how to remain safe on the Internet and avoid becoming the victim of online hate. We have also created step-by-step guides on how to report hateful content if you encounter it. Reporting such content to the platform holders is the first step towards getting it removed. The more reports they receive of hateful content, the more pressured they feel to remove it… so never shy away from reporting hate, as you never know when you might become the target of it.
- How to Report a Facebook Image
- How to Report a Facebook Page
- How to Report a Facebook Post
- How to Report a Facebook Comment
- How to Report a YouTube Video
- How to Report a YouTube User or Channel
- How to Report a YouTube Comment