You must be logged into YouTube to report an item, but if you have any Google account (such as gmail) you will already have a valid login due to their unified services.
* YouTube channels are reported in the same manner as users.
- Go to the user’s YouTube page
- Click About to go to the user’s About page
- Click the flag icon at the top-left
- Click Report user in the drop-down
- Select the type of offense; in this case Hate speech against a protected group
- Hovering the mouse over the question mark pops up a tooltip with descriptions of what each option covers
- Click Continue to submit the report
Also make sure you report the video to OHPI’s online hate reporting tool fightagainsthate.com. We will monitor the time taken by YouTube to remove the content, and also alert the government agencies, NGOs and academics who study online hate.
For our entire list of reporting guides for Facebook, YouTube and Twitter, go here.