You must be logged into YouTube to report an item, but if you have any Google account (such as gmail) you will already have a valid login due to their unified services.
- Click the More button underneath the video
- Click the Report button which drops down
- Select the type of offense; in this case Hateful or abusive content
- Hovering the mouse over the question mark pops up a tooltip with descriptions of what each option covers
- Select the subcategory of offense; in this case Promotes hatred or violence
- Once the type of offense has been selected, you have the option to specify a timestamp (i.e. if there is a clear point in the video demonstrating the problem) and any additional notes about the video in question
- Click Submit to send the report
- Your report has been submitted
Also make sure you report the video to OHPI’s online hate reporting tool fightagainsthate.com. We will monitor the time taken by YouTube to remove the content, and also alert the government agencies, NGOs and academics who study online hate.
For our entire list of reporting guides for Facebook, YouTube and Twitter, go here.