OHPI offers a range of training programs for community groups, government, and researchers. These programs are available both in-person and online. Fees apply. Please contact us if you are interested.
Group training options
- Recognising and responding to online hate
- Introductory course (2 hour)
- Advanced course (14 hours in total)
- Both courses a range of types of hate including: general racism, misogyny, antisemitism, Islamophobia, homophobia, transphobia, anti-Asian racism, and anti-Indigenous racism
- Recognising and responding to antisemitism and Holocaust denial online (2 hour)
- Stopping hate from going viral (school program) (45 minutes to 1 hour depending on class time)
- Using the IHRA Working Definition of Antisemitism (1 hour)
- Recognising and responding to Islamophobia online (2 hour)
- Recognising and responding to anti-Asian racism online (2 hour)
- Research training: challenges and approaches to identifying online hate (1 hours)
- Research training: documenting and archiving online hate (2 hours)
- Online response during deliberate mass casualty events (1 hours)
We can create additional programs to meet the needs of a specific audience.
Existing programs can be delivered to small groups (15 or fewer people) for $550 for a 1 hour session, $990 for a 2 hour session, $1210 for a three hour session, or 1430 for a half day (4 hours). Prices are inclusive of GST. Multiple sessions from different programs, or repeats of the same program may be combined into a single pricing package.
Larger groups will require the use of breakout rooms. The organisers may provide breakout room facilitators (1 per 10 attendees) and a 1 hour training session will be provided for the facilitators for each course that is to be delivered. The additional hour(s) will be priced as above and may be included as part of the overall package.
We have delivered training for: Interfaith Alliance for Safer Communities (IAFSC), Victoria Police, World Union of Progressive Judaism, Canadian Museum of Human Rights, World Zionist Organisation, Council of Christians and Jews (Victoria), Monash University, La Trobe University, Autonomous University of Barcelona (Spain), Western University (Canada), Galatasaray University (Turkey), Asia Centre (Thailand), Melbourne Jewish Holocaust Centre, Limmud Oz, National Union of Israeli Students, and others.